Instructions for Downloading Videos through ESU Streaming Video Subscription Service
- Go to www.esu10.org and click on the link “Media Library” on right side of screen. Log-on to the site, using the “log-on” link (if you do not have an account or do not remember your password click on the “accounts” link).
- In the “Search Catalog” field, enter the keyword(s) that you are searching for (i.e. Civil War). Click “show filters” to refine your search. Narrow your search by selecting certain curriculum areas, grade levels, etc. Media type should be: Digital Only if you only want a downloadable movie. Click “Apply Filters” to search catalog.
- Click on the name of the item you are interested in. This page gives a description of the item. At the bottom of the page, click on the link that says, “This item is available from PowerMedia Plus.”
- At the PowerMedia Plus website, the item is shown. You may download the entire movie (at the top of the page) by clicking on download, or you can download individual segments of the movie below. To download the entire movie click on the “download” link near the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions by right-clicking on the link, and selecting “Save Target As.” Browse to a location that you will be able to remember when trying to locate the file later (this should probably be on your H: drive) and click save.
- Large movie files should be downloaded after school or on weekends, etc. to save bandwidth for users during the day.
- Once the movie file is downloaded you can view it any time on your computer or burn the file to a dvd.